Overall, if you look at me,Â I look pretty healthy. Â I can run a few miles without much effort. Â IÂ don’t binge on sweets much and my diet is somewhat controlledÂ because I’m Gluten sensitive. Â I’m not overweight.
However, I don’t feel great, consistently for more than a few days at a time. Â BetweenÂ chronic sinus issues, “weekend warrior” pains and strains, and never getting enough sleep trying to accomplish too many things, I’m far from the picture of health. Â As a husband and father of five kids… now in my 40s, I desperately want to feel better, more consistently.
And I’ve know this for a long time. Â In fact, for the better part of 5-6 years I’ve told my wife, Laura, that I feel like I need to just cut everything out, start with a really simple diet ofÂ something and then build up from there. At this point, the Whole 30 feels like the best option I’ve heard about in years. Â So I’m diving in.
The things I’m going to try and pay attention to:
- Sinus issues, drainage, allergies
- Sleep patterns and energy levels
- Performance in exercise
- Vocal performance (I’m a singer, and my voice has just been out of wack for a while)
- Some chronic skin dryness on my forehead
- Overall cognative abilities… how much “fog” to I feel from day-to-day
Here goes! Â 🙂